Monday, March 2, 2009

Transitioning

So here's the deal. I'm a little tired of blogger, for a number of reasons. But I feel sort of emotionally attached to it. This happens a lot--I tend to develop emotional attachments to things, even if I am sort of ambivalent toward them. I also tend to attribute emotions to inanimate things, which is probably related. Example: I don't like throwing food away (like, after it has gone bad) because I feel like it makes the food feel bad. Like no one wanted it. Sad, I know (or maybe you were thinking, 'Pathetic, Emilie.' Well, tchah to you, I say!)

At any rate, back to the point. I'm sort of tired of blogger, and I kind of like the increased freedom of wordpress, so I've started a blog over there and imported most of this one. You can find it here. I'm not sure I'll choose that one over this one, so both will remain semi-active while I make up my mind. I guess it's like dating two guys at the same time while trying to decide which one is the one. Or, you know, nothing like that, since I shouldn't be assigning human emotions to inanimate objects. Not like I would do that.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Um, you forgot the link. I kinda think you did it on purpose!

Funny thing, just this weekend I started a Wordpress blog to play with with the thought of moving mine that way as well. Was it hard to move the posts over?

Irish Cream said...

HA! I totally do the same thing with food (okay, and other stuff too)! I never admitted it before . . . wow, glad to know I'm not alone ;)

Link, please! :)

The Alien said...

I tried searching in google, tried in wordpress, tried using key words with different combinations... but I can't find it. It's frustrating, I give up, what's your new blog address?

And not wanting to throw food away because it will feel bad it's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while!

EmLit said...

Chris, I found the transition really easy. You essentially just click a few buttons and your blogger stuff is imported for you. As someone who doesn't have the skill to make a lot of changes to personalize a blog myself, I feel like wordpress has a lot more intermediate-level personalization that blogger doesn't offer.