This is a big running weekend, with a Team in Training run this morning and a 10k tomorrow morning. No sleeping in when there is running to be done! TNT this morning was a nice easy 6 miles, which is the longest distance I have done since the marathon. It felt good, I am happy to report. On the other hand, my body just feels really run down so I know I wasn't in tip top form. And that's fine.
With Christmas around the corner, my mind is on presents for other people. Of course I have to admit that I am not so virtuous that I don't occasionally think about the odd present that I would like. More and more, I find myself wanting running-related stuff. I think I may have a true addiction problem. Sometimes, when I am bored or I need a break from working, I like to browse sporting goods stores that sell running apparel and drool over the things I could get. Like tights that would keep my legs warm on the cold days, long-sleeved moisture-wicking shirts, and half- or quarter-zip long-sleeved pullovers. Ah, warm. But I digress. At any rate, I thought I would share a few of the things that I have been drooling over lately. Then you can declare me insane and lock me away.
- This is a bad habit and a confession all in one: I have a tendency to run in the dark in Central Park. Don't get at mad at me for doing something that is admittedly stupid! I am not doing it as much anymore! However, TNT Tuesday night workouts are in the dark in Central Park. The difference is that they involve about 50 or so people, maybe more, so it is probably a lot smarter to run like that than alone. My point is that something like this half-zip pullover from Brooks looks so enticing because I would no longer have to worry about not being seen by an errant driver or biker. The best part is that it is on sale on the wonderful 'net, so it is currently nearly 50% less than its regular price.
- One of the problems I encounter pretty frequently is keeping my body temperature relatively regular. That is why a base layer like this one really appeals to me. Plus it comes in a variety of pretty colors. Oooh, ahhh.
- This jacket/pullover is like #1 but with more awesome.
- These tights, though they may make you look a bit like a bumble bee, will keep you warm while ensuring that you don't get hit by anyone or anything. These, on the other hand, are not reflective, but look really comfortable and drool-worthy.
- I have a pair of these in ankle-sock form and I love them. These are perfect for cold weather since they are a bit longer than the ankle-length, thereby ensuring that your poor little ankles and the inch or two of potentially-exposed skin do not get too chilly!