Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mr. Yuck

There is always this shift that occurs in my thought process between the evening before I go to sleep and the morning after I wake up. Evening usually consists of the following: "I am going to do x, y, and z and start feeling so much better about w!" Morning is this: "Ugh, I don't see how x, y, and z are going to have any effect on w. Plus I just feel kind of crummy and I don't have the energy to do any of those things anyway."

I just pulled on a pair of jeans and now feel like someone turned me into liquid form and poured me into them, only to find that I am overflowing a little bit. It is a pretty gross feeling, and to be honest I don't really know how perceptions of one's body can change so quickly. Then again, I must have known that this feeling of overflow was coming because I have been avoiding putting on certain pairs of jeans for a couple of weeks now, choosing dressed, leggings, sweatpants or more forgiving pants instead. Just coming to that realization makes me feel pretty gross about myself, and I am really wishing I had some alternative to these jeans that I am wearing right now.

Today is a pretty yuck day, I must say.

No comments: