Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blog v2.0: Lets try this again

Deep breath. Okay. I spent some time thinking about things, about how I've been feeling lately, and about how my immediate reaction to things is to stop blogging and withdraw further into myself. So instead of giving up, I am going to refocus. My initial intention in starting this blog was to make it a sort of health resource. I mean, not in any official capacity, as I am no expert, but in a sort of casual way. I think it is important that I get back to the reason why I decided to start blogging in the first place, and that is what I am going to do. I am going to make more of an effort to focus on fitness and health and use this space as an outlet for things that I want to share--not things that annoy or irritate me, but things that I think can help people, myself included, lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.

I would like to share book reviews (healthy cookbooks, etc.), workout DVD information and reviews, and ideas and tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. As I make more of an effort to focus on these things, I would also like to spotlight (not exactly the word I want, but it gets the point across) what I am doing to stay healthy and fit. For example, right now I am trying to lose a few pounds, and--I admit sheepishly--I am still trying to incorporate a weight training routine into my weekly workouts. I don't know, weight training is just so boring to me! But I am going to continue working and be more proactive about sharing my progress (as well as my slip-ups as I am sure there will be a few) here.

Hopefully all of this gives my post-graduate school life a little bit more structure and direction and helps to lift me out of the doldrums. This doesn't mean, though, that I am getting rid of WTFs. And I'm still waiting on reviews of that Snickers bar. I have yet to see one in a store.

1 comment:

zebeckras said...

FYI weight training is seriously mad boring to me, too. I look forward to my cardio days and not my weight days. But I just do it because it's the same way I've put my head down and barrelled through the rest of my fitness goals: if I stop then I'll STOP and that's no good. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I'm not saying I'm particularly effective on my weight days or anything, since I usually give up my routines before they become routines (since they bore the hell out of me after two days), but at least I know I'll do them even though I don't want to. Then I feel really good about myself afterwards. :) Onlyuntil the next time I have to do one though. Grr.

Well, use more DVDs. Having hte one I'm using is actually making it something to look forward to, for once. :)