Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's a small world after all

I got up early this morning to go for my long run only to realize that I am so hungry (at least I hope that it is hunger) that I sort of feel like throwing up and that this sort of empty stomach does not a good long run make. It is also about 103 degrees in my bedroom; I have opened the window so it may now be about 101, but regardless of the exact temperature, I can said with assurance that it is really, really, uncomfortably warm in here. As a result, I just feel plain old sick, woozy, nauseous, whatever you want to call it. I have put my long run off until later. In the meantime, though, I'm awake (because honestly, you can't sleep when you feel this gross and my upstairs neighbor seems to be jumping rope with a heard of elephants right above my room so I really wouldn't be able to sleep if I tried), so I thought I would do what every normal human being would do when awake at 7:45 a.m. on a Saturday--play a jigsaw puzzle online.

So here's the scenario: I open the website that I go to for a daily jigsaw puzzle. Most (and by that I mean all, after a certain date) of them are credited to some mysterious camera-toting woman name Leanne, who seems to take pretty mundane but sometimes very pretty pictures that work well for jigsaw puzzle fun. This morning, I was pretty shocked to see who had taken the picture...





I know the picture is small, but it is the best I can do. The picture, entitled "Swan", was taken by my paternal grandfather, Bates Littlehales. Cah-razy.

Anyway, time to do my jigsaw puzzle. And hopefully feel a little bit better.

1 comment:

Binx said...

that is the product of a very small world!

wow.