- Not taking the hair that accumulates in the drain of the bathtub while you're taking a shower out of the drain when you are finished showering. As an extension of that, letting the hair just build up over a period of days, possibly figuring that someone else will clear the hair for you (?!)
- Peeing with the door open in someone else's apartment. Next to someone's bedroom. Next to a long hallway that causes every teeny tiny sound to reverberate and amplify itself. Of course, those last two conditions don't have to be met in order for peeing with the door open in someone else's home to qualify as a WTF moment. That is just a given.
- Trying to find a bridesmaid's dress for the wedding of one of your best friends. The dress has to meet the following criteria: brown in color, affordability, likelihood that it is something I would wear again (the more expensive, the more likely it has to be). This is, for some reason that is completely unknown to me, much more difficult than it should be.
- The girl in yoga who plopped herself down next to me, practically on top of me, and then proceeded to make exasperated noises while in every pose, toss her props (blankets, blocks) away from her mat and pretty much on to mine, and do her hair instead of poses on multiple occasions. I know yoga is a time to pay more attention to what you are doing with your body than anything else, but I don't think that a part of that is making sure that you disrupt everyone else's practice by being loud, obnoxious, and intrusive.
- Walking, going down stairs or an escalator, or running and coming to a sudden halt for no apparent reason, causing the people around you to end up in a multiple-person pile-up. This is especially bothersome when people stop at the top or bottom of a stairway/escalator, or fail to move out of a doorway.
- On a related note, not using the other door when people are coming in or out of one door in a double-door entryway. There is nothing that bothers me more than having to wait in front of a closed door that the person standing in front of you won't open and is, instead, blocking, because he or she is waiting for people to stop coming in the other door. USE BOTH DOORS, PEOPLE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
- This is not a WTF-inducing moment but it is something I like nonetheless and is WTF-related. A good read, especially if you have spent time in France.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Lately I have been finding myself running into a lot of smallish WTF moments. No real 'experiences' that I could write out in witty detail, just a number of little pet peeve-esque, button-pushing episodes that I would like to share with you now.