Saturday, January 26, 2008

Phallusies

Okay, now, if you've ever looked at the island of Manhattan on a map, you may have noticed that it vaguely resembles a penis. This resemblance is sort of determined in part by the way in which the map you are looking at is laid out. For instance, when Manhattan is nestled comfortably among the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, it is somewhat less noticeable that is has a phallic quality to it. However, when its shape stands alone, gracing the front of the Continental Airlines Grand Prix Manhattan Half-Marathon (or some combination of all of those words) race shirt, you really have to wonder who decided to use this design. I mean, really.



I don't think I will be wearing this one outside of the comfort of my own home. The design is also off-centered. The whole thing strikes me as ill-advised; what is your take? Am I imagining things?

No comments: